Depending on the error, you may need to follow these recommended steps:
If the screen is blank but there is no other error, it may be a steam cloud sync failure.
- If you get an error about invalid date/time, this is a steam cloud sync issue - disable steam cloud and restart the game.
- If there's a DrawDevice or a DirectX error, download and install DirectX End-User Runtimes.
- If there's a 'Cannot convert void to Object error' or msvc error, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).
- If the error is 'cannot convert given 'narrow string' to 'wide string', please uninstall, delete the folder in Steam, and reinstall the game.
- If the error is 'cannot run 18+ content while streaming', please make sure you've verified you're not running the beta version of Steam.
- If you do not see the option for the H content after installing the patch, please make sure you are not running Steam in beta client mode.
- If you get an error on clicking Extra that includes cgmode.ksv, open your game folder and delete patch2.xp3 and patch2.xp3.sig
If you are having problems installing the 18+ patches on the steam versions, please try the following steps:
- First, make sure Steam is running in administrator mode and the game is not running
- Make sure you have ran the game at least once.
- Then run the patch in admin mode
- If these steps fail, make sure your patch and game copy are the latest versions
- If that doesn't work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game
- Finally, if 1-5 don't work, please reinstall Steam.
If the steps above didn't work, try the following:
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date, and that it meets the minimum requirements.
- Make sure that the game is not installed in a UAC folder.
To change rendering options, follow these steps:
- Hit Alt-H (help), then A, then hit Enter. This will enable advanced settings.
- Hit Alt-A (advanced settings), then V. You'll have three to four options: A for auto, O for Overlay, L for layer and M for mixer. Select one of these, then hit Enter.
If you get an error about Steam Cloud Sync Failure (Or, on loading the game, you get an Invalid Character message),
- In Steam Library, right click on the NekoPara game you are having issues with
- Click on Properties, then Updates.
- You'll see Steam Cloud at the bottom. Unclick it. Then load the game.
If you get an error about TVP/KIRIKIRI :
- Run the game in compatibility mode
- Also run it in administrator mode, if possible.