Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine Games Troubleshooting Steps
Here are some troubleshooting steps to follow in case you are experiencing issues with games made in Ren'py visual novel engine:
- Make sure you have DirectX installed.
- Also, make sure you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installed.
- If the previous steps do not solve the problem, you may want to consider updating your graphics and/or sound drivers.
- Holding Shift during the start-up of the game might help it run.
- Try creating a Safe Mode file and add the following:
<filename of the renpy game>.exe
- If none of the solutions listed have helped, please contact Steam Support about getting a refund.
If you are experiencing issues with the game not working after it
ran on Steam, try navigating to the following path %APPDATA%\RenPy (type
it in to the address bar of the explorer path) and then archiving and
deleting the folder labeled with the name of the game you are having
If you are experiencing some sound issues with games made in Ren'py visual novel engine, please follow these steps:
sure you do not have the sound muted. To check, right-click on the
sound icon, go to Volume Mixer, and search for the game. Make sure it's
not muted or at a very low volume setting.
- Make sure you don't have the game muted. To check, go into the settings menu of the game and check your audio options.
- In some cases, there's a known problem with Razer Synapse intervening with audio. Similar sound applications can cause issues with RenPy games.
- In some rare cases, Ren'py-made games do not like it when have two sound cards are installed.
- If all else fails, unplug your headphones if you are using them.
NEKOPARA Troubleshooting Steps
Depending on the error, you may need to follow these recommended steps: If the screen is blank but there is no other error, it may be a steam cloud sync failure. If you get an error about invalid date/time, this is a steam cloud sync issue - disable ...
Do your games contain any viruses or malware?
Our games do not contain any malware or viruses. However, many antivirus programs will sometimes detect false positives or unwanted behavior when you run a program or install. This is especially true for older titles. One major example, and one you ...
Blank Screen FAQ
If you load a game and it's blank and not seeming to load but you hear video, please do the following steps: Install the DirectX 9.0c Redistributable Verify your graphics drivers are up to date Make sure your antivirus is not actively interfering ...
Changing Language Region
To change the region for games if you wish to play them in Japanese, please follow the following instructions: Changing the language of the Steam client: The language setting on Steam determines which language the Steam client application displays, ...
Installing A Clockwork Ley Line
1. Unlock the zip to a permanent folder (such as C:\Games\Clockwork LeyLine - A Borderline of Dusk) 2. Launch the game from leylinelauncher.exe